I often tried to make them growing up, and there was always something that went wrong. My brother still doesn't let me forget the time I forgot the sugar! (I say it's an easy mistake).
The problem is, times haven't really changed. I have tried to make cookies several times since we have been married and they turn out bad every time! Last time they were crepes. Literally, you could see throug them they were so flat and thin. Why is this? I don't know.
So we had a bit of a "Cookie-off" the other day!
(Not competitive...just trying to see if anyone in this family can bake cookies!)
(Not competitive...just trying to see if anyone in this family can bake cookies!)

Getting serious!

3 comments:
That's so funny that you mess up a lot when you make cookies. I'm that way with baking with yeast. No matter what I try to do with yeast, it never rises and never comes out right and it frustrates me!
I always mess up cookies too- I don't know what it is! My husband makes some pretty mean cookies though- maybe him and Nathan should get together to make us some yummy treats! How is Malibu? It looks so beautiful and fun! Let me know the next time you are in town- I would love to see you!
I used to have the flat cookie problem and I tried a bit more flour, but I found that most of the time my butter was too soft. I was melting it too much. Now I just chill the dough a bit before baking.
Looks like it was fun, though!
Post a Comment