Thursday, November 11, 2010

25 Days

Can you believe it has been 25 days since Savannah joined our family?!?!  I can’t.  But really, it’s crazy to think that that is all it has been, it feels like she has been here forever.  When I think back to stuff that happened just a month ago it feels like a different lifetime.  I guess in a way, it was!

So here are some facts about Savannah at 3 ½ weeks old:
·         Savannah is a happy baby, most of the time!  She is pretty content and loves to lay and kick.  She actually really loves tummy time!
·         She is growing like crazy.  At her 2 week appointment she weighed 8 pounds 2.5 ounces!  She gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks!
1 week

3 weeks
·         She is also getting long.  She is now 22.5 inches long.  Where did this height come from?!
·         She is a smiley baby!  She has started responding to you when you play with her and smiling at you.  It’s not consistent so we haven’t captured a picture yet, but it’s getting more and more often, so I am hoping a picture comes soon!
·         She rolled over the other day!  Nathan saw her do it on Saturday but we couldn’t get her to repeat.  But then on Sunday she did it 3 times in a row.  Very consistent, until I got the video camera out that is…
·         When the nurse handed her back to me in the hospital she said, “Wow, you have a very expressive baby”.  She couldn’t have been more right!  Savannah lets us know exactly what she is thinking with the looks and mouth movements she does.  Whenever something is different she furrows her brow and looks around until she decides if it is ok or not.  She is constantly pursing her lips too, it’s adorable!
·         She is such lady, her ankles are always crossed.
·         She has very stiff arms!  They are always up in fists by her head.  That is actually how we know when she is falling asleep, her arms fall to her side. She also has very stiff hands.  Whenever she is in a light sleep she does this thing with her hands (in the picture below).  If there is any noise or sudden movement while she is in this state of sleep, her hands get even more tense!


She also has very long fingers.  Whenever she is in her carseat, her fingers get caught in the loop on her head support.
We love her so much.  Words just don’t describe how lucky we are to have her as part of our family.  I love that she knows us and our voices and that she calms down when we are around.  I love that we get to take care of her and make her happy and comfortable. 
I am hoping I am back….but not promising anything.  This mom thing is pretty time consuming!  Also, if you want the "birth story" email me.  I don't think I am going to do a whole blog post about it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whitney, i'd love to see you and meet savannah! my email is kristalucas (at) gmail (dot) com - email me!! :)

krista lucas

Tammy Mitchell Photography said...

oohhh I LOVE that little girl!!! ;)

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

She is SO sweet!!! Congrats again! Being a mom is the BEST! :) And I have discovered that it just keeps getting better!! You look great, by the way!

Ashley said...

Wow, it's already been 25 days???
She really IS growing like crazy! At Brooke's 2 week appointment this week she weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces, so she's still 4 ounces below her birth weight. My babies just never want to eat, it's so frustrating! That's so lucky that you have one who is gaining weight so well!
I love all the details about her. I can't wait to meet her at Christmas time and hear all about the birth story!

Hi-D said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her at Christmas!

{B}dreamy said...

Oh, I love that first picture! What a little lady :) And I want the story! Email me. *B