Thursday, February 26, 2009

La Cucina Capelo



About 3 weeks ago (I know, I know, 3 weeks is way to long to post, but I've been way to busy with school to get these pictures up) anyways, about 3 weeks ago Whitney made a fun "stay at home date." It was an "Italian Restaurant" called "The Capelo Kitchen." The place settings were quite elegant and the food was exceptional.


She spent the afternoon preparing everything so that the timing and ambience was perfect! The evening was complete with appetizers (cheese and sun dried tomatoes or artichoke hearts on crackers), a fabulous starter salad, one of my favorite meals (Chicken Cordon Bleu, rice pilaf, and fresh green beans), and homemade chocolate pudding for dessert! She is quite the chef and continues to impress me. The dinner tasted gourmet...and the serving sizes were much more generous than any fancy restaurant, the best of both worlds :)


Afterwards we watched The Other Bolelyn Girl, a tragic movie for those of you not familiar with King Henry VIII. Thanks Whitney for a fabulous evening, and for being such a great wife. It's easier to work all Saturday when I know you'll take such good care of me when I'm done.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow Whitney, you can make chicken cordon bleu? I love that but I've never tried to make it. I need your recipe!

Anonymous said...

Whitney, I need you to email me your address so I can send you an announcement. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I don't have your email address either. mine is amberdawnvernon@gmail.com. :)

Brad and Kjirstin said...

I knew you guys loved to cook, but I gotta say I love the menu this time. If you weren't going to be rich layers some day I would suggest looking into the resturant business