Monday, June 29, 2009

Beach Season is Here!!!

We had quite a weekend. No free time for us and it was spectacular! We had so many ideas and things we wanted to do, we decided to just do it all! So we started on Friday night. We went to Costco and got pizza to go with our movie, Taken.
It was a really good movie, and not nearly as terrifying as I had expected. I got really into it and remembered why I used to like 24 so much. It was so fun to put the pieces together and to watch how he figured out how to find his daughter. I would definitely recommend this movie! And the best part was, I didn’t have any bad dreams!



Saturday was our big day. We woke up early, had a nice workout at home and then took off for the temple. I love that we have a temple so close to us. I really love going to the temple with Nathan. On the way home, Nathan took me to see where he works. I was so excited! It was so fun to finally see everything he tells me about. Stories are always so much funnier when you have a picture in your mind! I enjoyed seeing where he sits and works. After seeing the office, we went to lunch at the Corner Bakery.



It was such a fun, cute little place. And we both got a turkey sandwich that was to die for! It was turkey and provolone on Asiago Cheese bread with spinach, balsamic onions, artichokes and a pesto/sun dried tomato mayonnaise. Wow!! Delicious! We enjoyed the decorations, the food, and of course the company!


After lunch it was off to our next activity. Valley Produce! This was the market that we checked out last week. But this time we went prepared! We bought pounds and pounds of Papaya, Nectarines, Apples, Strawberries, Lettuce, Cucumbers, Onions, Green Peppers, Bananas, Garbanzo Beans, Pita Bread, and Schawarma spice. Which altogether came to…..$25.00! We love super inexpensive, locally grown produce. We had so much fun but we ended up buying way too much. We can’t wait to try some exotic meals too!


I told you we did a lot. We went home, changed and took off for the beach! “June Gloom” seems to be gone and we have been ready for Beach Season for at least a month! There was no hesitation when we got there, we ran straight into the water! The water felt ice cold, but, like always, definitely warmed up as we got used to it, and the waves were perfect! We both caught countless waves on our Boogie Boards! There were times when we would catch a wave, run/float back out and catch another before we had a chance to turn around! I was really nervous because last year the beach was still somewhat new to me. Nathan did a great job last year teaching me how to boogie board, but I was really nervous I would get pummeled again (which was a common occurrence while learning last year). But instead, we both picked up right where we left off! I even felt like we were better.


We were getting pretty worn out, but we couldn’t leave the beach without jumping and diving under the waves, sans boards. So off we went back into the water. When we finally decided to leave, we were drained! I struggled walking out of the ocean. We ended the night with some tacos (our favorite post-beach treat, it’s literally what I smell the whole drive home) and a movie: “Confessions of a Shopaholic.”Which was the perfect movie, since we both stared blankly and thoughtlessly the whole time. And it was really cute and well-done. It’s probably the only movie I have ever watched that I liked better than the book!

And then we slept for 10 hours, without moving!


It was such a great weekend. And I already can’t wait for the next one!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love boogie boarding too! It's so much fun! I wish we could have seen you guys on Sunday, we missed you! But I'm glad you had a fun weekend.

Whitney and Nathan said...

I know, we wanted to come down. But it's just too long of a drive for a day. We were so sorry! I hope everything went well!

leilani said...

I can't remember the last time I slept for 10 hours!!! See you guys soon!

Angela said...

Wow sounds way fun! Take advantage of all that fun stuff before you have kids...oh and the sleeping for 10 hours too, because that will never happen! :)

Teri said...

Great choice in movies! We watched Taken a few weeks ago, I loved it although when Matt brought it over I told him I didn't want to watch it, but I made the mistake of watching the first little bit a was hooked.