Fall is finally here. It even rained a couple weeks ago and I am slowly starting to notice some changing leaves. (This isn't Utah, it takes a little longer). So we have been doing FALL STUFF!!
A couple weeks ago I pureed a pumpkin. I did it last year and couldn't wait to do it again!

(I already used one jar and have tons more in the freezer!)
We have been enjoying, roasted seeds, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup and I can't wait to try a pumpkin pasta recipe that I found on Sunday!
On Saturday our good friends, the Shewells, invited us over to paint pumpkins! We had a blast. It was hillarious and everyone's turned out so good! Ashlee even made ghost cupcakes. I didn't take my camera, but here are some pics of the end result.

Other than that, we are both trying to recover from yucky colds and prepare for finals. Nathan has been amazing the past couple weeks and I know it's just the beginnig for him. Finals are approaching and on top of that he has been very involved with the Palmer Center and the job/internship search. He has more on his plate than I know I could handle and yet, most of the time I have to remind myself he is busy because he is so good at taking time for me. I feel so lucky to have him!


8 comments:
Fun! I've never tried pureeing a pumpkin before. Your painted ones look really cute!
Yes, I LOVE fall!! i've been going pumpkin crazy as well... pumpkin cookies, pie, cheesecake. Your stuff sounds much more healthy and delicious! Good luck to Nathan as finals approach, Shad's in the same boat with so much other stuff going on. Luckily, we both have wonderful boys who can handle it all! :)
Don't you just love how the leaves there pretty much just go brown and drop? I think the fall is when I missed Utah the most. You sound like you are having so much fun being festive, though! I wish I could figure out how to make pumpkin stuff. :)
hmmm... do you puree the pumpkin and then use that instead of the canned stuff? sorry i'm trying to figure out some of this cooking stuff... and i know you're way good at cooking healthy. can you teach me? :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm always amazed that people I don't know find my life interesting. :) I'm interested in how you came across my blog...maybe Mary and Chase?
You always impress me with your cooking, I don't know where you find time to do it all? Funny thing about Brad being so busy is that when he finally has free time after a span of tests I am at work. But it will all be worth it someday, right?!
Oooh, very artistic ;) You'll have to share all those pumpkin recipes! *B
Wow all those pumpkin recipes sound amazing!! I love fall! :)
Post a Comment