Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monterey, CA

So, I haven't exactly been great about updating the blog, but I just can't figure out where the time goes.  I mean, I know it's been a while, but 2 months?!?!  How did that happen!  Well, 2 months ago, Nathan had a work conference in Monterey, CA and Savannah and I got to tag along!  It was so much fun to go on our first family vacation.  And Savannah did great!
We started out the trip by driving up the coast.  It was so fun, but oh so long!  I can't believe Savannah made it that long, we went straight through and I think Nathan and I got sick of it before she did!  But the drive was breathtakingly beautiful and a really fun way to go.  But when we finally got there and got checked into our hotel, we were quite relieved.  We enjoyed food from Fisherman's Warf every night and totally enjoyed the evironment on the Warf.

The next day Nathan's conference started, so Savannah and I were on our own.  We headed down to Carmel-by-the-Sea.  It was such a fun little town, we spent quite a while walking around all the little shops.  We spent the rest of the day driving a little along the coast, and walking around the mall.  It was a nice day.  The next day Nathan had a short day at the conference but had some other work to do in a nearby city; so Savannah and I did what we do best....tagged along!! 

Friday, our "vacation" actually started.  Nathan was done with work and we just toured Monterey.  We enjoyed the 17 Mile Drive first.  What an incredible drive!!  It was so windy, but that almost added to the beauty of the area.  Savannah slept through the whole thing...of course it was in the car!  We also stopped at Pebble Beach Golf Course.  It was so cool to actually be there and see the Lodge.





























































































The next day we headed to the Bay area to visit our friends the Baldwins.  It was so much fun to see them again.  We have been friends since BYU and always look forward to being able to see them.  They are the kind of friends that just pick up right where you left off.  I am always surprised it has been as long as it has since we have seen them and can't wait to see them again!


We had planned to stay that night and then head back the next day, but once we got started driving to the hotel, we decided to just push it.  It was pouring rain the ENTIRE way down the coast, so it was an interesting drive but we made it home in pretty decent time.  It was so great to have Savannah in her own bed again and to get a good night sleep. The whole trip was so much fun, it was a great week!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

So glad you could come to visit! We miss you guys!

Teri said...

You are going to make Matt and Jane homesick for Monetery. They loved it there.

Savannah's favorite aunt ;) said...

hallelujah.

i can't believe i waited THIS long and there are still no pictures of the little girl??!! ;)

Angela said...

We used to live in Monterey! Well actually pacific grove, but, we miss it so much!! Seeing your pictures made me want to go back again!